Fashionistas worldwide have come to love eyewear not only for their practical use but as accessories . Eyewear designers have created classic day to day frames and per occasion pieces for everyone.
When trend forecasters look at new eyewear trends, it is obvious that most eyewear designs are based on vintage styles to influences from the rock and roll era.
Many believe that glasses are a key part of a person’s overall appearance, even if they are only for reading or improving ones sight. The truth is your choice of eyewear can speak volumes , from a sophisticated woman who follows trends or a dashing gentlemen with class. That is a frame to depend on!
Long gone are the days where eyewear were seen as uncool. Now fashion and eyewear go hand in hand. Trends suggest bold and chuncky eyewear are most popular among the fashion elite. Aviators are still a big seller, though now adapted to consumers personal taste.
From the frame and colour to its shape, it is important to follow these basic principles in order to look your best.
Know your facial structure:
Oblong, rectangle, round, square, inverted triangle, heart, diamond, triangle, oval.
- Colour frames should not only be an expression of personality but also an extension of who you are. Choose colours that fit with your existing wardrobe and skin tone. Warmer tones suggest a contrasting colour and cooler tones would be best suited for muted colours.
- The Shape of the glass should not compete with your facial structure or facial features. Choose glasses that blend with your image effortlessly. For example a round glass shape would not be suited to square facial structures.
- Try and steer clear from glasses with added detail such as stones or creative adornments. Especially not for an everyday wear. It may become dated after a while.
- Statement glasses can be a winner for every outfit, so go crazy with design, shape and colour.
- Consider your overall appearance, an overwhelming piece of jewellery contributes in the same manner an eyewear piece would. With emphasis on the middle of your face it is important to be prepared to put in the effort.With trends always changing and budget strings being tied, there is nothing more effective than sunglasses to add to a wardrobe, an instant upgrade.
Photographer: Adrian Chinery (www.wasabi-foto.co.za)
Eyewear credit: www.dynamicvisionsa.co.za
All frames are from the current Pepe Jeans eyewear collection.
Latest posts by Eva Van Der Heyden (see all)
- EYEWEAR TRENDS: What does your eyewear say about you? - June 7, 2015
- South African Menswear Fashion Week 2015 - March 22, 2015
- Poem: How I wish she raised me - March 20, 2015