Sher Vancouver is now accepting submissions for its inaugural Sundar Prize. The Sundar Prize is an international film awards competition with over $10,000 CAD in cash prizes for the Top 5 films. The Sundar Prize Film Festival is an initiative of Sher Vancouver, which is a registered charity in Canada, and was originally founded as a social welfare group in 2008.
Films released within the last two years after December 25, 2020, are eligible for the following cash prizes in Canadian dollars:
· Best Feature Film – $5000
· Best Documentary – $2500
· Best Short Film – $1500
· Best Animation – $1000
· Best Student Film – $500
The winners will be announced in June 2024, and the winning films will be screened at the iconic, landmark City Centre Library and/or Surrey City Hall in Surrey, British Columbia (venue pending). The screenings will be held over two back-to-back days on a weekend before a live audience.
“Sher Vancouver wants to bring the best, most beautiful, and impactful films from around the world to the heart of the growing city of Surrey for the people to enjoy and learn from and drive social change in our communities,” states Sher Vancouver Founder and Festival Manager Alex Sangha.
The Sundar Prize seeks to recognize beautiful films that uplift our world through impactful and informative storytelling about social causes and social issues that have a social impact. Films with any theme are welcome but the festival is encouraging filmmakers who showcase the following communities and causes to submit their films:
· Human Rights
. Immigrants and Refugees
· Social Justice Issues
· Indigenous Communities
· South Asian People and People of Colour
· LGBTQ+ Community
· Vulnerable and Marginalized Peoples
· Environmental and Climate Change
· Educational Films
You can submit your film at : https://filmfreeway.com/sundarprize/
- Sher Vancouver is now Accepting Submissions for its inaugural Sundar Prize and Festival - February 20, 2023
- MCD Elections: AAP’s Transgender Candidate Bobby Kinnar Wins from Sultanpuri A - December 7, 2022
- Sexual Health Awareness Month: How to Promote Good Sexual Health? - September 29, 2022