- Says he supports LGBT people, but constantly asks you how Lesbians have sex
- Can be found carrying a ‘Straight But not Narrow‘ poster in Pride, but wonders why people cross-dress . Can be heard saying: “Lesbians and gays are fine, but no trans!”
- Thinks you are dating every other gay guy you are friends with.
- Thinks LGBT rights mean Gay Marriage rights.
- Tries to appear funny by cracking homophobic jokes.
- Every time you meet them, asks you if you are in a relationship, even though they are themselves perpetually single.
- Will try and set you up with another friend of his/her who is gay/lesbian. Can often be heard saying: “I have a schoolmate who is gay, do you know him?/Maybe you guys can date”
- Advises you to move abroad because India doesn’t not allow gay marriages.
- Wonders about the anatomy of trans people.
- Keeps telling you he finds lesbians hot.. Asks you to introduce him to one.
- Asks a lesbian woman “Were you never attached to a man in your life”.
- Screams: “I finally have a gay friend. We will go shopping together ?”
- LGBT is fine but thanks that their close relative is not one
(With contributions from Rituparna Borah , Moulee and Sayantan Datta)
(Illustration by : Aritra Paul)
Sukhdeep Singh is a Facebook addict who works as a software engineer by day and transforms into a writer at night. He is also the founder and editor of Gaylaxy magazine.
Latest posts by Sukhdeep Singh (see all)
- Sushant Divgikar, Former Mr Gay World India, TV Host and Big Boss Participant, Featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List - April 4, 2020
- Amidst Corona Virus Scare, Chandigarh Pride, Kolkata Rainbow Carnival and KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival Postponed - March 19, 2020
- Watch: Trailer of Sheer Qorma, New Movie from ‘Sisak’ Director - February 26, 2020