- Says he supports LGBT people, but constantly asks you how Lesbians have sex
- Can be found carrying a ‘Straight But not Narrow‘ poster in Pride, but wonders why people cross-dress . Can be heard saying: “Lesbians and gays are fine, but no trans!”
- Thinks you are dating every other gay guy you are friends with.
- Thinks LGBT rights mean Gay Marriage rights.
- Tries to appear funny by cracking homophobic jokes.
- Every time you meet them, asks you if you are in a relationship, even though they are themselves perpetually single.
- Will try and set you up with another friend of his/her who is gay/lesbian. Can often be heard saying: “I have a schoolmate who is gay, do you know him?/Maybe you guys can date”
- Advises you to move abroad because India doesn’t not allow gay marriages.
- Wonders about the anatomy of trans people.
- Keeps telling you he finds lesbians hot.. Asks you to introduce him to one.
- Asks a lesbian woman “Were you never attached to a man in your life”.
- Screams: “I finally have a gay friend. We will go shopping together ?”
- LGBT is fine but thanks that their close relative is not one
(With contributions from Rituparna Borah , Moulee and Sayantan Datta)
(Illustration by : Aritra Paul)
Sukhdeep Singh is a Facebook addict who works as a software engineer by day and transforms into a writer at night. He is also the founder and editor of Gaylaxy magazine.
Latest posts by Sukhdeep Singh (see all)
- Watch: The Reaction of People Outside the Supreme Court on the Day of Section 377 Verdict - September 12, 2018
- In a Historic Judgement, Supreme Court Reads Down Section 377, Says Homosexuality is Natural and History Owes Apology to LGBTQs - September 7, 2018
- Watch: Devdutt Pattanaik Speaks About Sexuality and Gender in Hinduism, and his Books ‘Shikhandi’ and ‘I am Divine So Are You’ - August 13, 2018