The UN Women, along with the European Commission, the Belgian Development Cooperation, and UNRIC had organized a Comic and Cartoon Competition on Gender Equality. The competition invited young European comic and cartoon artists and art students, aged 18 to 28 years, to picture their understanding of women’s rights and gender equality through cartoons and comics. A panel of eminent jury selected the finalists and the winner.
Below are their cartoons, and the thought behind these cartoons.
About the comic: Gender inequality is still visible today. Even the smallest acts are important steps for solving this global problem.
About the cartoon: Stop telling stories, you are superpowerful!
3. Second Runners Up – Samuel Akinfenwa Onwusa, Spain
4. Finalist – Aleksi Siirtola, Finland
5. Finalist – Agata Hop, Poland
About the comic: The cartoon portrays today’s sad reality in an amusing way. While the man is riding an escalator to success, the woman has to climb the ladder carrying a lot of burden.
6. Finalist – Aitor López García, Spain
7. Finalist – Joanna Grochulska, Poland
Latest posts by Sukhdeep Singh (see all)
- Amidst Corona Virus Scare, Chandigarh Pride, Kolkata Rainbow Carnival and KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival Postponed - March 19, 2020
- Watch: Trailer of Sheer Qorma, New Movie from ‘Sisak’ Director - February 26, 2020
- Govt Tells RS: No Proposal to Legalise Same-sex Marriages or Include LGBTQ In Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act - February 7, 2020