The UN Women, along with the European Commission, the Belgian Development Cooperation, and UNRIC had organized a Comic and Cartoon Competition on Gender Equality. The competition invited young European comic and cartoon artists and art students, aged 18 to 28 years, to picture their understanding of women’s rights and gender equality through cartoons and comics. A panel of eminent jury selected the finalists and the winner.
Below are their cartoons, and the thought behind these cartoons.
About the comic: Gender inequality is still visible today. Even the smallest acts are important steps for solving this global problem.
About the cartoon: Stop telling stories, you are superpowerful!
3. Second Runners Up – Samuel Akinfenwa Onwusa, Spain
4. Finalist – Aleksi Siirtola, Finland
5. Finalist – Agata Hop, Poland
About the comic: The cartoon portrays today’s sad reality in an amusing way. While the man is riding an escalator to success, the woman has to climb the ladder carrying a lot of burden.
6. Finalist – Aitor López García, Spain
7. Finalist – Joanna Grochulska, Poland
Latest posts by Sukhdeep Singh (see all)
- Sexual Orientation Part of Rajasthan’s New Anti-Lynching Law - August 12, 2019
- Dutch Tourist “Allegedly” Assaulted in Lucknow for Using Rainbow Coloured Debit Card : Reports - August 10, 2019
- Watch: From Housing to Travel to Bathrooms, The Harassment Faced by Trans People in their Lives - August 7, 2019