The UN Women, along with the European Commission, the Belgian Development Cooperation, and UNRIC had organized a Comic and Cartoon Competition on Gender Equality. The competition invited young European comic and cartoon artists and art students, aged 18 to 28 years, to picture their understanding of women’s rights and gender equality through cartoons and comics. A panel of eminent jury selected the finalists and the winner.
Below are their cartoons, and the thought behind these cartoons.
About the comic: Gender inequality is still visible today. Even the smallest acts are important steps for solving this global problem.
About the cartoon: Stop telling stories, you are superpowerful!
3. Second Runners Up – Samuel Akinfenwa Onwusa, Spain
4. Finalist – Aleksi Siirtola, Finland
5. Finalist – Agata Hop, Poland
About the comic: The cartoon portrays today’s sad reality in an amusing way. While the man is riding an escalator to success, the woman has to climb the ladder carrying a lot of burden.
6. Finalist – Aitor López García, Spain
7. Finalist – Joanna Grochulska, Poland
Latest posts by Sukhdeep Singh (see all)
- Delhi and Bengaluru to Organise Pride Marches on Nov 25th - November 16, 2018
- Watch: BookMyShow has the Perfect Message for Parents this Children’s Day - November 14, 2018
- Watch: The Reaction of People Outside the Supreme Court on the Day of Section 377 Verdict - September 12, 2018